This position provides administrative support for the company with minimal oversight, with an emphasis on responsibilities related to bookkeeping. Performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, creating invoices, purchasing supplies, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles confidential and sensitive information. Deals with customers, a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Bookkeeping responsibilities include the computing, classifying and recording of financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate; performing routine financial calculations and general ledger duties; checking the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
This position also requirs to perform the functions of the Office Assistant.
1. Recording daily financial transactions, including purchases, receipts, sales and payments using QuickBooks.
2. Invoicing customers, entering bills from invoices, and receivers for purchases.
3. Follows up with customers on past due invoices.
4. Generates weekly AP/AR reports.
5. Ensures the financial records of the organization are accurate.
6. Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
7. Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
8. Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
9. Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
10. Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
11. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
12. Maintains and updates filing system for the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
13. Keeping the offices clean.
- Work location – GTA
- Full-time employment
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme.
- Salary is based on Experience, Knowledge and performance.